Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jackie Chan cheated of $600,000




Source: AsiaOne

HONG KONG - International celebrity Jackie Chan has been cheated of HK$3 million (S$600,000).

The Rush Hour star, who had appointed a middleman to sell his 2008 Bentley sports car, found himself without the sales proceeds when the middleman disappeared upon collecting the buyer's payment, reported Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao.

A price of HK$3million ($600,000) with the buyer had been negotiated.

A police report had been made last Saturday in a Hong Kong police station by Jackie’s assistant as the star is currently in China.

Jackie, who likes collecting sports cars, had rarely driven the Bentley around after purchasing it last year as he is often overseas. The 54-year-old made the painful decision to sell the car as he could “only see it and not use it”, reported the newspaper.

When approached by Wanbao, Jackie confirmed the matter. He said: "I do not know the exact going-ons as I am in China filming now. I would like to wait until I return to Hong Kong at the end of the month to get a better understanding on things."


Good help is so hard to find these days. Can't even get a trustworthy middleman!

Although if I had $600,000 my hand, I might make a run for it too!

No comments: