Sunday, March 22, 2009

Japanese Pizza Recipe

japanese pizza

Source: 101cookbooks via @elver



One afternoon near Kyoto I found myself looking through a pane of glass at a man standing over a large, flat, hot griddle. He held a large spatula in one hand, and would reach for various ingredients flanking his workstation with the other. I stood watching him for a few minutes as he turned out egg-battered cabbage on to the hot grill, formed the mixture into flattened cakes, and cooked each side until golden. An older Japanese man walked up beside me, probably noticed the perplexed look on my face, smiled and said to me, "Japanese Pizza."


I don't think I'm adventurous enough to try Japanese pizza!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it sounds pretty good. I'd try it in a second.

Degenerasian said...

Hmmm.

I don't like leeks in my pizza.

Gene Chuang said...

Looks a little like okonomiyaki, which I had for the first time in Oahu: http://brightkite.com/objects/29fc7914ef5011ddad5b003048c10834