Friday, October 31, 2008

Get Out And Vote!



A message for all you USians out there. Make sure you vote!

Here's a video telling you why you need to vote!



My parents are guilty of this. They have hardly voted in the 20 years they have been eligible to vote. They say it's because of the Canadian Parliament system that turns them off.

They say "I don't even know my candidate. I like his party but it's ridiculous that he doesn't even put up any signs or come to my house. He could be a fucking toilet bowl for all I know. I'm not voting! *grumble grumble*.

But if they were American (especially in a race this important and this exciting) they would definitely vote directly for the President.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, all these comments by "anonymous" are all by me... cause i feel sorry for you... you put up these great asian-related articles and no one reads/responds to them. :-(

Anh Khoi Do said...

After watching the video that you posted, there were some parts where I almost wanted to laugh. Indeed, when the "language barrier" is cited as a reason why most Americans of Asian heritage don't vote, it's just a ludicrous way to blame the society that welcomed you. Anyone who comes to the USA or any other country is supposed to adapt himself to the society that welcomes him, not the other way around.

Degenerasian said...

I agree. How does a person even become a US citizen when they can't even read a ballot? Must be some cheating going on in the citizenship exam.

As you know Anh, in Canada we walk into the booth alone and nobody helps us. I was very surprised that in the US, you can get "help".

---

Thanks anonymous! I'm not too concerned about the comments since it's a new blog. I've only started posting regularly for a few months.
Keep commenting and spread the word! :)