Sunday, October 19, 2008

Asian Americans urged: Choose a party



Source: Whittier Daily News

"I think that when Asian American voters check the box `decline to state', they lose their power," Assemblyman Mike Eng, D-El Monte said. "I love it when Asian Americans choose one party because they become more effective in their impact."

This is one of the dumber things I've ever heard. I'm sure Mr. Eng would LOVE it if Asians just blindly joined his party and voted for him all the time.

I really enjoy the fact that Asians in general do not BLOCK VOTE. They don't vote for a candidate just because he's Asian. They have to survey the issues and pick the best candidate. You can see that in one of my previous posts where the Vietnamese community in San Jose is recalling a Vietnamese-American councilwoman.

People choose parties and based on good candidates. And this can change from year to year. And you cannot be totally conservative or totally liberal on all issues.

For example. I'm conversative on some issues like crime! And I'm liberal on some other issues like prostitution! :)

(Yes, I stole that joke from Chris Rock)

No comments: