Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gillian Chung - 'I blame myself'




Source: Electric Newpaper

NO PRIVACY, no dignity and no future for herself. That's how Cantopop star Gillian Chung felt after intimate pictures of her and actor Edison Chen were leaked online.

'I showed everything to everyone, and no matter what I do, I'll get the blame. But dignity is the most important thing,' she said.

Gillian broke her silence more than a year after the incident in an interview on TVB's Be My Guest series, hosted by TVB general manager Stephen Chan Chi Wan.

The interview is due to be screened today, reported the South China Morning Post.

In an excerpt of the interview aired on the evening news in Hong Kong earlier this week, Gillian said that she was so devastated after the scandal broke last January that she thought about killing herself.

When asked who she blamed most for the scandal, a teary-eyed Gillian, who is half of Cantopop duo Twins, replied: 'I blame myself - I blame myself for all of it.

'I blame myself for doing something so stupid.'

She added that the scandal had put 'immense stress' on her, and that she had briefly contemplated suicide, because she was 'disillusioned' and 'could not see a future for herself'.

She said: 'But if I died, all my problems will be passed on to the people around me - the people who care about me would be very sad.

'That's why I eventually banished that thought (of suicide).'


A very sincere interview on tv where she described what she was going through. She blames herself and is not mad as Edison but she does wish he apologized, which is understandable although at the time I think Edison was running for his life!

She should get more sympathy from this interview from viewers, although even as a girl, I find it hard to understand how you can fall that much in love that you would do such stupid things. The interview was a sharp contrast to Cecilia Cheungs interview last week where she just lashed out, took no responsibility, and blamed everyone she could think of.

No comments: